THE 50th ANNIVERSARY OF
THE TET OFFENSIVE
A Clash of Tradition and Tactics
AN INTERDISCIPLINARY FORUM ON
THE VIETNAM ERA
Friday, March 23, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Attending Teachers will receive 7.5 hours of
Professional Development Credits.
Hosted by the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Foundation and the New Jersey Council for Social Studies
Keri A. Giannotti, Museum Educator,
Date: Friday, March 23rd 2018
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (registration starts at 8:30 am)
Cost: $75 (NJCSS Members $65)
If you are submitting a Purchase Order or Check from your school, please register as "Deferred" payment and send PO/Check payable to:
NJ Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Foundation (or NJVVMF)
ATTN: 2018 Forum
PO Box 648
Holmdel, NJ 07733
or email PO to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Morning Sessions: First Person Experiences on the Tet Offensive in Country and at Home. Two panels of our Vietnam Veterans Volunteers and Friends of the NJVVMF sharing.
Afternoons Sessions: Choice of Classroom Connections Sessions:
A separate email to make selections will be sent to registrants
- Using Film to the Teach the Vietnam Era (Staff and Volunteers)
- Best Practices on Teaching the Vietnam War (Robert Gangi- East Brunswick High School)
- Civil Rights in 1968 (Rebecca DiBrenza, Scotch Plains Fanwood High School)
- History and STEM: The Space Race (Keri A. Giannotti Bloomfield High School/Museum Educator and Matt Swajkowski Retired Chemistry Teacher and NJVVMF Volunteer)
- Constitutional Issues During the Vietnam War
- Teaching Vietnam Through Texts (Callie Wright, The Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Foundation "The Wall")
Originally there was a second day scheduled for Tet from the Vietnamese Perspective. Due to a scheduling conflict that has been postponed.